Thursday, 6 July 2017

Gi Joe Redemption Day 6 - The Enemy Army

Day 6: The Enemy Army

Skull Squad Trooper by Oreobuilder






From the desk of Oreobuilder:
The Skull Squad has been on my to-do list for a long time, but has never been a priority. When we decided to make Major Bludd our Big Bad for Resurgence: Redemption, I figured that this was my opportunity to make a cool team for the good major. I wanted to make something that struck similar chords to the Club’s Skull Squad, but not have it be an exact copy. The head and helmet are call backs to regular Cobra Troopers, since Bludd’s forces are recruited directly from that division of Cobra. The PoC Dusty torso offers the armored vest look that I was looking for. The hardest part was to find suitable legs. I toyed with using 25th IG Destro legs to have extra tall boots, but decided to go a bit more tactical after seeing what Bucky was cooking up for Major Bludd himself.

Parts:
Head: PoC Cobra Trooper
Torso, upper arms: PoC Dusty
Lower arms: RoC Elite Viper
Upper legs: 50th Lowlight
Lower legs: Retaliation Snake Eyes


Skull Vipers Members Exclusive 3-Pack by Oreobuilder 








From the desk of Oreobuilder:
While planning out our fake convention set for this project, we wanted to include some troop builders similar to how the Club does. The "regular" Skull Troopers were no-brainers, but I felt that the set could use some variety in the troops. Major Bludd's forces are an offshoot of Cobra, so they would have similar equipment, uniforms and weapons. I used the recipe for my standard Resurgence Viper and adapted it to the Skull Squad. It's pretty simple, but I like the combo of the Vipers and Troopers to make the Skull Squad.

Parts:
Head: 25th Viper
Backpack: PoC Firefly
Torso, arms: Renegades Cobra Trooper
Legs: Resolute Snake Eyes


NEXT: The GI Joe Special Forces 3-Pack... 

2 comments: