Monday, 3 July 2017

GI Joe Redemption Day 3 - The New Team Part 1

Day 3: The New Team Part 1

Headcase by Dusty79









From the desk of Dusty79:
This is my solitary contribution to this project. I volunteered to reimagine this character as I really wanted another female custom to add to my ranks. I tried to include some nods to her past life as a Crimson Guard with the weapon and the boots. She is a very cool character and I really like the way she turned out.

Parts:
MTF Valkyries-head, torso, arms, hands
50th Lady Jaye-webgear
Renegades Scarlett-hips and upper legs
Retaliation Crimson Guard-lower legs



Echo by DanoftheDead












From the desk of DanoftheDead:
One of my early ideas for the team was a reprogrammed BAT. Sam/doe138 did some great sketches and had some good ideas for the character that really helped flesh out the concept. I rebuilt his torso a few times before settling on this design, and adding as many BAT elements as I could. His chest plate can, in theory, come off to reveal the standard BAT guts, but the paint and decal more or less sealed it into place. I tried a few different heads before I had the idea to turn the Marauder’s armored mask into a BAT helmet, and I think it came out pretty great!

Parts:
Data-Viper - Head
Terminator Salvation T-700 - Torso, Shoulders
BAT - Forearms, Chestplate
COBRA Shock Trooper - Legs
Captain America - Boots
Sidon Ithano - Gun
X-Men Commando - Ammo Belt
Neo-Viper - Inner Backpack
Viper-Commando - Outer Backpack





Siren by DanoftheDead









From the desk of DanoftheDead:
I think Sam/doe138 suggested Mara on a list of potential characters. Initially, I had a much different idea for her, thinking I’d use an Avengers movie Scarlet Witch as a base for a more civilian look. When Guardians of the Galaxy 2 came out though, I remembered how much I liked Nebula’s character design (and actress Karen Gillan). A lavender HACKS blank was the perfect place to start, and I found some great wetsuit like parts in my fodder that came together almost seamlessly.

Parts:
HACKS Blank - Head, Arms, Lower Legs
Mara Jade - Torso
Scarlett - Hips, Upper Legs
Cad Bane - Gill Breather


NEXT: The New Team Part 2...

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, bringing in Deming and Mara from the cartoon took me by surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope there will be a few more surprises before the end of the project :)

      OB

      Delete